U-M Analytics & BI Meeting on the Learning Analytics Project - Friday, June 3, 2016
ITS is creating a Learning Analytics Research dataset in partnership with the Office of Digital Education & Innovation. The dataset will include student bio/demo data and student enrollment term data. Glenn Auerbach and Kris Steinhoff spoke about the project.
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Topic: Data Visualization Best Practices
- Intro and Jason Pasinetti's presentation (1:17) on choosing the best data visualization, correctly formatting it, and accurately representing data. Here is Jason's slide deck.
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - Monday, October 5, 2015
Topic: BusinessObjects Upgrade to BI4
- Introduction. Why we upgraded (1:30). Carolyn Rockafellow, ITS
- BI4 Demo (20:31). Jeanne Mackey, ITS
- BusObj Users: early experiences
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Topic: Unizin, Canvas and Learning Analytics at Michigan.
- Sean DeMonner (ITS Information Systems Executive) (59:11)
- Steven Lonn (Assistant Director, Learning, Education & Design Lab) (49:54)
U-M Tableau Users Group - Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Introductions and Announcements (4:03). Jonathan Greenberg
- Measuring IT Services and Metrics (12:13). Charles Sulikowski , ITS
- Planview Project Management and Resources dashboard (12:18). Leticia Valdez, ITS
- First Year applicants to the College of Engineering dashboard (16:55). .Adam J. Skoczylas and Jeanne Murabito - College of Engineering -
- EMBA admissions dashboard that compares day to year data using custom SQL (5:45) .Scott Berkley, Office of Admissions, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Using custom SQL instead of Excel input data sources. Forecasting and iterations on dashboards, expanding the view (12:24). Heather Alemu and Marcella Brighton, Ford School of Public Policy
- Fast Analytics (10:00). Jonathan Greenberg, Fast Analytics Director - Revenue Cycle
- Map Tips (34:52). Tom Cook - Senior Tableau Developer
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Presentation #1 (1:12). Enterprise Analytics Roadmap. Mary Hill, Senior Director of Medical School Information Services (MSIS), IT Academic/Admin. Division, and Kyle Kerbawy, Enterprise Data Architect, MSIS
Presentation #2 (8 minutes).
- Center for Statistical Consultation and Research (CSCAR) resources. Corey Powell, Statistician Consultant.
U-M Tableau Users Group Meeting - Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Recording (47 minutes) includes:
- Demo: Ross School Development and Alumni Relation. Rodger Devine, Ross School of Business
- Best Practices for Data Blending (starts at 15:40 minutes). Dave Berrie and Tom Cook, UMHS.
- Jason Pasinetti also presented (15 minutes) on Using R with Tableau.
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Basics in Big Data with Hadoop. Brock Palen, College of Engineering
- BusinessObjects conference summary (starts at 22:10 minutes). Laura Bollettino, ITS, and Deb Lennington, Ross School of Business
- Visual Analytics: Turning Data into Actionable Information (starts at 43:42 minutes). Patrick Franklin & Matthew Pickus, Office of University Development
Note: If the recording does not play correctly, you may need to download the latest version of Silverlight.
U-M Tableau Users Group Meeting - Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Introduction, 8 minutes. Jonathan Greenberg (UMHS), Fusen Li (ITS)
- Presentation, 46 minutes. Rob Levine (Tableau)
- Round Table, 25 minutes. Skip to 46:50 minutes for discussion of 2014 Tableau Customer Conference in Seattle.
Tableau in Action at U-M - Monday, May 19, 2014
- Presentation #1, 27 minutes. Heather Hampton and Marcella Brighton, Ford School of Public Policy
- Presentation #2, 27 minutes. Chris Allan, Institute for Social Research
- Presentation #3, 32 minutes. John Gonzalez, Rackham Graduate School
Tableau at U-M - Monday, March 17, 2014
- Recording (1:13) includes:
- Analyzing Marketing Effort Results with Tableau. Kevin Riegle, Office of University Development
- Use of Tableau as an analysis tool in regards to Marketing Efforts and Annual Giving. Patrick Franklin, Office of University Development
- Tableau presentation by Rodger Devine, Ross School of Business