EventsFor additional details and to register for upcoming events, please see Announcements or Events at our Google+ Community.
U-M Analytics & BI Meeting on the Learning Analytics Project - 06/03/2016
BI Spring Event: Friday, June 3, 2-4 p.m. Palmer Commons, Great Lakes North room
ITS is creating a Learning Analytics Research dataset in partnership with the Office of Digital Education & Innovation. The dataset will include student bio/demo data and student enrollment term data. Glenn Auerbach and Kris Steinhoff will update us on the progress of this project. Join us in person or online.
For our online participants:
You do not need to pre-register to view the webcast.
On the day of the event, click this link 5-10 minutes before the program starts to take you to the webcast: http://univofmichigan.adobeconnect.com/bicommunity/
Select the "Enter as a Guest" option.
Type your unique name.
Then click "Enter Room."
Send any questions to ITSwebconfsetup@umich.edu.
Parking info: https://palmercommons.umich.edu/article/parking
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - 03/02/2016
Topic: Data Visualization Best Practices
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - 10/05/2015
Topic: BusinessObjects Upgrade to BI4
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - 07/14/2015
Topic: Unizin, Canvas and Learning Analytics at Michigan.
U-M Tableau Users Group - 06/18/2015
- Introductions and Announcements (4:03). Jonathan Greenberg
- Measuring IT Services and Metrics (12:13). Charles Sulikowski , ITS
- Planview Project Management and Resources dashboard (12:18). Leticia Valdez, ITS
- First Year applicants to the College of Engineering dashboard (16:55). .Adam J. Skoczylas and Jeanne Murabito - College of Engineering -
- EMBA admissions dashboard that compares day to year data using custom SQL (5:45) .Scott Berkley, Office of Admissions, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Using custom SQL instead of Excel input data sources. Forecasting and iterations on dashboards, expanding the view (12:24). Heather Alemu and Marcella Brighton, Ford School of Public Policy
- Fast Analytics (10:00). Jonathan Greenberg, Fast Analytics Director - Revenue Cycle
- Map Tips (34:52). Tom Cook - Senior Tableau Developer
U-M Analytics and BI Meeting - 04/15/2015
- Presentation #1 (1:12). Enterprise Analytics Roadmap. Mary Hill, Senior Director of Medical School Information Services (MSIS), IT Academic/Admin. Division, and Kyle Kerbawy, Enterprise Data Architect, MSIS
Presentation #2 (8 minutes).
- Center for Statistical Consultation and Research (CSCAR) resources. Corey Powell, Statistician Consultant.